Ann Nisbet Studio is a Scottish Architecture and Design Studio specialising in Rural Architecture and Master Planning, Residential Projects, Community Engagement Projects and Installations. The studio works through out Scotland and the North of England with a particular focus on Ayrshire and Arran, The Borders, Argyll and Bute and the Highlands and Islands.
Director Ann Nisbet is an Award Winning ARB registered Architect, a member of the Royal Incorporation of Architects of Scotland (RIAS), a member of the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and a Board Member of the Scottish Ecological Design Association. Prior to establishing the practice, she was a Principle at Dualchas Architects. She has over 14 years experience of working on rural and urban Architecture projects on the west coast and throughout Scotland.
She has worked on many projects on Scottish Islands including Isle of Skye, Isle of Coll, Isle of Tiree, Harris and Lewis. This has given her specialist knowledge in understanding the requirements and logistics of designing and constructing buildings in these environments.
The practice provides a strong client service, with each project being unique and developed through a research led response to the site, the brief, the budget and an on going dialogue with the client. Throughout this process, innovative ideas are conceived, tested and communicated through sketches, drawings, models and 3D models.
We have a long standing working relationship with other members of the design team such as Structural Engineers, Drainage Engineers, Planning Consultants and Heating Engineers thus ensuring an excellent service from every aspect of the team.
Selected Awards and Shortlisting’s for Residential buildings, Community Projects and Installations
– 2019: GIA Small Works Award: Albert Drive Renovation: Commendation
– 2017: RIBA House of the Year – Shortlisted
– 2017: Andrew Doolan Award for Best Building in Scotland – Shortlisted
– 2017: RIAS Emerging Architect of the Year – Finalist
– 2017: Saltire Housing Design Award: Newhouse of Auchengree, North Ayrshire
– 2017: RIBA National Award: Newhouse of Auchengree, North Ayrshire
– 2017: RIAS Architecture Award: Newhouse of Auchengree, North Ayrshire
– 2017: Best Residential Building; Scottish Design Awards: Newhouse of Auchengree
– 2016: Doors Open Day Award for Excellence: Crossmyloof Bakery Tour in Collaboration with Glad Cafe
– 2016: GIA Supreme Award: Newhouse of Auchengree, North Ayrshire
– 2016: GIA Residential Award: Newhouse of Auchengree, North Ayrshire
– 2016: Scottish Quality Planning Award – Place Making
– 2013: Andrew Doolan Award for Best Building In Scotland – Runner Up
– 2013: RIAS Architecture Award – Ghost of Water Row, Govan, Glasgow
– 2013: Arts and Business Scotland, Shortlisted Community Project Award
– 2011: Arts and Business Scotland, Shortlist – Propping Through Riverside
– 2008:Rose Design Award, Grand Prix Architecture Award
– 2008: Rose Design Award, Gold Medal Award For Low Cost Residential
– 2006: Inverness Architectural Association – Regional Commended